Saturday 29 March 2014

The meaning of life

 
I was reading one of my favourite blogs today and came across this quote (see original post here). It resonated with me all the way to my core. How true is it that we spend our lives wanting bigger and better things, more of this, fancier that. While managing to ignore or get annoyed at the most amazing simple little things in life. How many times do I brush off the kids because I'm busy right now? How often do I sit on the couch (or the floor) instead of being out enjoying the wonderful sunshine on bare feet before it goes and hides for the winter?
I guess the message today is simple. Take stock, what do you reaaaaallly want to be doing right now? Maybe you should just get up and do it. Sit and play with your kids, walk or sit in the sunshine, visit a friend, read a book just because you want to. Enjoy the week that is coming, find the good bits that are happening around you and relish in them. Live in the now, it really is all we have.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, we would love to hear from you!