Thursday 13 February 2014

Perfectly Pink Princess Party


My eldest 'baby' turned 5 last weekend. As a girly girly girl she of course wanted a pink princess party. How I managed to get two girly girls, I will never know! I have learnt to embrace the pink and the frills and the dancing and to go with it. Here is a summary of her big day:

Pink, Pink and more Pink (and white, and gold)

 
I find parties much easier to plan for with a colour theme, pick one or two colours and go for it. This year miss princess wanted pink, white and gold. Easter eggs in a glass preserving jar added a little sparkle.
 
Cupcakes!
 
 
My best friend is awesome at bringing a plate to add to the offerings, it makes for one less thing that I have to make. This year it was a plate of mini cupcakes. She makes the most delicious cupcakes! We added a few mini white chocolate crowns and some silver balls and it became a plate to serve a princess.
 
Personalised Cookies
 

 
I love icing cookies! This is a simple sugar biscuit made a few days ahead of time, iced with royal icing.
 
Jelly Time
 

 
What is a party without jelly? I made a double batch, with 1/2 a cup less water and set it in a lined cake tin, then its not too tricky to cut into squares and sprinkle with sparkles.
 
Princess Tiara Cake
 

 
I love making cakes, the white chocolate crown was fun to make, however it was pretty scary trying to get it off the baking paper! The bottom is iced with marshmallow fondant, much tastier than bought fondant, and quite a bit cheaper to make! I used Pascal marshmallows, they made nice soft icing.
 
Pink Roses, Pink Juice, Pink Everthing
 

 
The girls got a little tiara each on their plates to take home. The plastic roses were a warehouse bargain and the little milk bottles I got from a glass wholesaler.
 
 
We played a simple round of pass the parcel (known in our house as "castle-castle" thanks to miss 3's  mis-interpretation of the words) and a hunt-for-the-chocolate bars in the garden. Other than that the kids just played in the lounge. This was also the first time we have held a party over lunchtime (11-1). It was great, they were all gone by 1.30 and I wasn't up until midnight cleaning and tidying up, and we got to spend the afternoon playing with her new toys. Miss 5 really enjoyed her party, in fact her exact words were "that was my best day EVER!" I encourage you to go out of your comfort zone with parties, try something you have never tried before, you only get each party once, make it memorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, we would love to hear from you!