Friday 25 October 2013

Welcome to Iti Baby




I thought we had better attach a blog to our site. This is partly so my site works better on Google Search, but also to give me a chance to share my experience, knowledge and to look at some products in better detail.

What is Iti Baby? Why is Iti Baby? Who am I to give advice?

Iti Baby came out of struggling with my number two daughters sleep, or lack thereof. To say she was a terrible sleeper was being too kind. She would only sleep swaddled, and while being rocked or jiggled for the first 12 weeks of her life, and she didn't get much easier after that.
At 6 months she was still waking every 30-45 minutes day and night. Aaaarrgggg would you just sleep already?? She was a good sized baby and we (like many parents) struggled to find a swaddle big enough to keep her tightly wrapped all night. Even the 'generously sized' swaddles available just weren't big enough. And so a concept was born. A swaddle needs to be big enough to wrap a 9 month old, soft enough to use on a new born and made of natural fiber that doesn't make the baby sweat.

Iti Baby -  the Maori word iti  (said ee-tee) is the concept of being small or tiny, and I think it sounds quite cute :-)

Who am I? I graduated from nursing in 2004 and worked for several years in the hospital, my passion however was to work with mums and babies. Before I had my baby number one I started working at our local Maori Well-child provider and gained a lot of experience from listening to mothers and their stories. I completed my post-grad training to become a Well-child nurse (Plunket) and continued to love my job working with the families. Once I had my second baby I chose to stay home and did home based care for a couple of years, and have since returned to working just the weekends in the hospital and enjoy being a mummy during the week.
I also love food, cooking and all things arty, I love to paint, sew and garden.
I have a lot of tips, tricks and advice in my kete bag of knowledge, please feel free to ask anything, I can't promise I can fix it, but I can help arm you with some strategies and ideas!

Please have a nosey around the website: www.itibaby.co.nz



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add a comment, we would love to hear from you!